Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pinterest Recipe and Chop Wizard Review!

Last night I made the Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup I found on Pinterest.


YUM!  I played around with the recipe after reading some of the reviews.  I added two cans of diced tomatoes, Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute, 4 red potatoes and used vegetable broth.  I also topped it off with some shredded Parmesan.  It was a bit bland, but I added a little salt to liven it up.  Some of the suggestions were to add hamburger meat or Italian Sausage.  These sounded like good ideas, but I wanted to keep this vegetarian.  Next time I might try to add meat if I am in the mood.  This recipe made a lot!  We are set for the remainder of the week and weekend!

I used my new Chop Wizard to chop up the onions and the red potatoes.  This was way easier than cutting it with a knife and using my other chopper.  The clean up was a snap, too!  I am looking forward to using the Chop Wizard for other recipes.  I found a yummy looking mini apple pie recipe I think this would work well on.  I will do a post when I try this one out!

I'm off to eat some soup and get some sleep.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day and a hectic one!  I'm also fighting a cold and I want to be well for this weekend.  My birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment