Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013! I hope you all had a wonderful 2012 and an even better 2013! Yesterday was my last chance to make purchases and I bought 3 pairs of boots from DSW online. I plan on keeping one pair and returning the rest. I have been looking for black leather boots that I will have for a long time. I purchased and returned 3 pairs of Frye Veronica Slouch and Veronica Slouch Backzip boots. They were too narrow in the toebox and too loose in the heel. They were really cute, but for the price I needed them to fit perfectly. The pairs that I ordered from DSW were not as expensive, but I hope that at least one of them works! Here are links to the boots that I ordered:, Steve Madden Frannk BootSteve Madden Baxter Boot and  Two Lips Jealous Riding Boot. The boots are pictured in this order: Steve Madden Frannk, Two Lips Jealous Riding Boot and Steve Madden Baxter Boot.
Steve Madden Frannk Boot


Frye Veronic Slouch

***Review of the Steve Madden Frannk Boot:***
I received these on January 8th!  They came quite fast.  This boot look very similar to the Frye Veronica Slouch boot I had been coveting.  I did order 3 paris of the Veronica Slouch style, but none of them worked.  I was hopeful that the Steve Madden pair would fit since I really like the look/style of this boot and they were less expensive.  Well...this pair didn't work either.  The Frye boot's toe box was very tight and my heel would slip around.  I figured if I was paying $300+ they should fit perfectly.  The Steve Madden pair had a similar fit, but the toe box was more forgiving.  I wish these had worked, but they are going back.




Steve Madden Baxter Boot

***Review of the Steve Madden Baxter Boot***
This boot was really cute when I took it out of the box.  I also liked how the zipper is on the outer part of the boot.  I have another pair that zips like this and it's a fun alternative.  These fit so nicely when I zipped them up.  I did notice on my left foot the area where there is a fold cut into the top of my foot, but the leather felt like it would stretch out.  The sole is also very rugged and I was looking for a boot like this.  When I started walking around my house I noticed that on the right side the sole felt weird.  When I would take a step it felt rounded and uneven.  I took the boot off and inspected it and it did look a bit bulbous there.  I am on my feet a lot for my job so I don't want to take a chance and throw my balance and my back out.  So, these are going back. 


Two Lips Jealous Riding Boot

***Review of the Two Lips Jealous Riding Boot***
Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  We have a winner!  I zipped these puppies up and they felt really good.  I wish  they were tighter in the calf area, but they worked.  The buckles are on their last notch so I need to make sure I don't stretch them out.  The sole felt normal, my heel stayed put and my toes didn't feel squished.  The foot area is roomier than the other two boots, but I could wear thicker socks if need be.  I wore these to work today and I didn't really notice my feet slipping around and I didn't get blisters either.  I was debating on keeping the black pair and exchanging them for the tan pair (or buying a second pair in tan).  I started to debate myself and justifying it because I was returning the two boots that didn't work.  But, I reminded myself that I was on a search for a nice pair of black boots and not tan.  I have several pairs of brown and taupe boots and I didn't NEED another pair in this color scheme.  So, I kept the black pair and will not buy the tan pair.  

Well this is the last new wearable item I will be getting in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment