Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Found a New Soup Recipe

It is still cold here in Southern California.  I know it's relative, but it's cold for us!  We don't have central heating so we are always cold during this time of year.  I like having soup for dinner because it warms us up and is nice comfort food.  I found a chowder off of the Martha Stewart website that I pinned.  I made a couple of changes to the recipe.  I bought a rotisserie chicken and used that as the protein instead of bacon.  It turned out really yummy and I am looking forward to having leftovers for lunch today!

Here is my version of the Broccoli Chowder with Corn and Chicken!



 Here is Martha's Version:

I also used my Chop Wizard to prep the veggies.  I realized that I need to cut the onions smaller so I get a diced effect.  I've been cutting the onions in half like the instructions say, but they a too big for my taste.  I like them chopped up a bit more.

I'm off to eat an early lunch.  It's so cold in the house my fingers are freezing up and it's very difficult to type! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment