Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame

Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame

I'm off of work right now and waiting for my new business venture to bring me business!  Since I have some free time I've been perusing my pins' from Pinterest.  I've really gotten the itch to cook again and planning our meals.

Our cupboards are a bit bare right now, so I decided to make a Trader Joe's run.  I made my grocery list and started planning some meals for the upcoming weeks.  I think we are realizing that it's more fun to cook at home.  The environment is more or less controlled and we can have our dogs and cats with us!  It's also inexpensive.  Well, depending on what you cook.  Last weekend we decided to splurge and we got filet mignons and shrimp for our mail course and a raspberry, blueberry, and feta salad with sliced almonds.  The grand total for this Sprout's run was $49.  Definitely less than what we would have spent at a restaurant, but still on the pricier side.  

So, here goes my first attempt at Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame.  The website made it look really yummy, easy, and healthy!  Will it be a Pinterest Success or Fail?

UPDATE!!!
I wouldn't say it was a complete fail.  I think I will try to make it again.  The recipe said to towel dry the edamame before mixing in all of the ingredients.  I neglected to do this so my title would be Flimsy Parmesan Garlic Edamame.  They were actually pretty yummy, but my hubby wasn't too into eating them.  I will try this recipe one more time.  I think I will toast the edamame prior to mixing it in the parmesan and garlic salt mixture.

I will post photos and an update when I do round 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment